Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vanishing Gluten-Free Blueberry-Cheese Muffins

Well, I've done it.  I've mastered the art of baking gluten-free muffins.  And by "master" I mean, I've made muffins without wheat flour and you wouldn't know the difference.  Plus they're DE-licious. Don't believe me?  See for yourself.

What you'll need:
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose GF flour (I used Trader Joe's and Bob's Red Mill mixed together)
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup flax meal
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup FRESH/frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 4 oz butter (or coconut oil)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp Xanthan Gum (VERY important!)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2.  Mix all dry ingredients (including blueberries and xanthan gum)
  3. Mix all wet ingredients (I considered cheese a wet ingredient)
  4. Blend wet and dry together until smooth but do not over-mix - the batter should be thick and "goopy"  
  5. Line a muffin pan and scoop batter into paper cups
  6. Bake for 15 minutes then check your muffins.  If they're not quite set, bake a little longer.  You want the tops juuuuust getting a tad golden. 
Ta-da!  Awesome, delicious, perfect, amazing, extraordinary muffins!  Great for breakfast or snack or whatever.

This batch made 9 muffins.  I just ate three...


 

1 comment:

  1. We'll see about that :)

    Can't wait to try about 6 of them!

    ReplyDelete