Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Banango" is my new favorite word

I woke up at 5 AM for a round of point count surveys along the western edge of Starr Ranch Sanctuary.  I enjoyed a steaming cup of cherry bancha green tea in the dark quiet of the morning, but couldn't bring myself to eat anything so early in the day. 

By 6:20 AM my field partner and I had hiked a few miles to our first site and recorded some great birds - California Gnatcatchers, Cactus Wrens, California Thrashers, Rufous-crowned Sparrows, Anna's Hummingbirds, California Quails, and a Roadrunner.  We finished up by 7:30 and headed back to ranch headquarters.

By 8 o'clock my stomach was screaming for food.  I needed something quick, satisfying, and delicious.  This smoothie has it all - vitamins, minerals, protein, good fats, and it's absolutely decadent! 

http://distilleryimage0.instagram.com/b0470dd4835a11e2b7ab22000a1f90e7_6.jpg
Tropical Banango Smoothie
  • 1 ripe mango
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup cashews

Blend. Gulp.  Carry on with your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment