Monday, February 25, 2013

I Bought a Juicer: Lunch

Okay, five hours is a long freaking time not to eat anything so I drank my leftover tropical papaya juice blend from yesterday as a snack to hold me over.  Homemade juice stores really well but only for a day or so.  I use my leftover juice or milk containers to keep them.  Yesterday's juice was a blend of papaya, freshly picked oranges and lemons (we have a grove outside, don't hate me), and pineapple.

I must admit, I'm feeling a tad woozy but I'm not starving, I don't feel deprived, and I'm definitely not craving anything ridiculous.  I haven't once been tempted to mow down those remaining chocolate bundt cakes with their moist, scrumptious insides drenched in rich, velvety chocolate... Ahem.  So lunch!

I'm really curious about this recipe.  It's on the neon green side of the color scale and a little off-putting based on the wheat grass and cucumber.  I've never drank a cucumber before, or even tried wheat grass.  But suppose there's a first time for everything, so here we go!

http://distilleryimage2.instagram.com/90c72b827f9611e2af2c22000a9e510c_6.jpgLunch:
  • 4 celery stalks
  • 1/2 cup wheat grass (I got mine in the produce section of Albertson's)
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1/2 green apple
  • 1/2 squeezed lime
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 cup pineapple
I juiced all of the above but added added the lime juice after I poured the concoction into a frosted pint glass.  The coconut oil hardens when you add it to the mix so I just took a spoon and ate some from the jar - a little weird but strangely satisfying eating pure coconut fat!  This smoothie isn't as sweet as the one I had this morning but super fresh.  Basically, it tastes like a freshly cut lawn.  But, OH the health benefits!!!




 









No comments:

Post a Comment