Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Bought a Juicer: Then There was Light (Wednesday)

6:22 AM.  It's hot in my room.  Sweltering actually.  For a moment I think I have a fever.  I listen.  Humming coming from the kitchen.  The fridge!  It's on!  I leap out of bed and start turning on all the lights.  I hover over my warm heater, absorbing a little more heat before running into the kitchen to blend my breakfast shake.  Two days and feeling good!

I'm currently enjoying the same fruit smoothie I prepared on Monday - raspberries, spinach, banana, almond milk, flax seeds and lemon juice.  I also added blueberries this time but omitted the peanut butter since I had so much of it yesterday.  I'm gulping it down as I type this.

Still no water, but I can't complain when my food is refreezing!

Lunch:

I spent the morning out in the field flagging new sites for Starr Ranch's Coastal Sage Scrub point count surveys and catching up on all the computer work I couldn't do yesterday.  I'm feeling really hungry today and hope that today's lunch does a decent job of filling me up.  I didn't feel like going the lawn route today so I invented my own juice.  In retrospect, I should have used kale or chard to give this drink a nicer color.
http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/21daa7b6811d11e28a3222000a9f17b2_6.jpg


I juiced the following:
  • 2 cups cabbage
  • 4 carrots
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 apple
  • 4 celery stalks
Then added:
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • cayenne pepper

http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/c88c34b2811d11e2987422000a9e08f2_6.jpg





What resulted was a brownish juice (I blame the carrots) that didn't look particularly appealing.  I know, I didn't want to drink it either.  But it actually tastes pretty good.  Cabbage and carrots are surprisingly sweet, and once you add the lemon juice and cayenne pepper it gives it a little kick.  So I'm slurpin' on my brown sludge and then it's back to work.  No crosswords today.







Dinner...









No comments:

Post a Comment